When posting photos of events, services or fellowship on our website or social media outlets, we follow these guidelines.
- We try not to post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo.
- If we know someone is shy about getting their photo taken, we ask them before posting the photo.
- If you do not want your photo taken, please let us know.
- We don't put names as captions with photos (except for pastors/staff or other adult members who have given consent)
- We will gladly provide credit for who took a particular photo if desired by the photographer, and we would certainly honor any copyright wishes or restrictions
- We will gladly remove any photo immediately upon request.
When taking photos, we follow these rules. We will not:
- Intrude into anyone's solitude, seclusion or private property without permission.
- Publish (whether by photos or stories) private information without permission.
- Print any photo or story that presents the subject in a false light.
- Appropriate any photo of any person for any commercial use (such as advertisements, or even for illustrations months after the news event) without permission.
- Publish photos or stories that present people in a negative light.
Parents/guardians who do not wish for their child’s photo or video to be potentially posted online or otherwise displayed, regardless of the context, should send a written note or email to the church office and Joy Lutheran will make every effort to exclude the indicated minor from any individual or small group photography. Please note that children may still be included in general group or crowd photos without identifying information; however, you may always request that any photo be removed from display.