Update from the Reopening Task Force
Members and Friends of Joy,
We have been monitoring, daily, the spread of the COVID-19 virus in Colorado, and at last we are ready to begin in-person worship. Our first weekend worship together will be July 11 and 12, when we will hold one Saturday 5:30p service and one Sunday 9:30a service. If the trend reverses, and we see an increase in the Covid-19 cases, in-person worship services will not be held.
Online services will continue to be available at joylc.org/sermons
So you’ll know what to expect at our modified in-person services, please be sure to view the video message from Pastor Rod.
There are risks to gathering as a group and the safety of all is our highest concern. The following are instructions to help make your worship experience meaningful and safe. Our requirements for worship services comply with local and state criteria for gathering as a worship community.
- There is a limit of 50 people for each worship service. No walk-ins can be accepted. We will be using Eventbrite to register to attend services. There will be a registration link in the eNews on July 8th, and you may register for only one weekend service at a time. This online registration will be available weekly, Wednesday 9:00a to Friday noon. Individuals without computer access may call the main church number to register: 303-841-3739. Phone requests must be made by Thursday at 5p. Please provide your name, phone number, number in your party, and date and time of the service you wish to attend. Ten spots will be reserved for phone reservations.
- Face masks will be required for those five years and older.
- Physical distancing will be practiced. Please sit as a family group and leave at least three seats in between each family group. At the end of the service, you will be dismissed by the ushers, going from back to front.
- You will receive a communion kit as you enter the sanctuary. Communion will be shared as a group after the Words of Institution.
- Music and responsive readings will be pre-recorded.
- Acolytes, greeters, and other worship assistants typically participating in worship, will not be serving at this time.
- If you have a fever (please check before coming to worship), cough, or shortness of breath, please stay home and watch the online service. The full online service is available at joylc.org/sermons.
- Online offering is encouraged, but you may place your offering in the basket at the back of the sanctuary.
Please keep in mind these measures are part of a temporary plan and will not continue forever. As state and county protocols change JOY’s strategy will change, too. Your cooperation and patience will help this work and are greatly appreciated. Let us rejoice that we can worship together, even if it is in a limited capacity and an alternative form. May you find it meaningful and be blessed.
Gene Gordon, Re-opening Task Force, chair
with Ken Grant, Wendy Polzer, Jeff Rucks, Randy Satrum, and Lois Tan